General Web Design Stats
1) Given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain.
2) 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load.
3) 51% of people think “thorough contact information” is the most important element missing from many company websites.
4) 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content/layout is unattractive.
5) 44% of website visitors will leave a company’s website if there’s no contact information or phone number.
Website Optimization Statistics
6) Between December 2013 and December 2015, tablet internet consumption grew by 30%.
7) Between December 2013 and December 2015, smartphone internet consumption grew by 78%.
8) Between December 2013 and December 2015, desktop internet consumption dropped by 1%.
9) Mobile devices now account for nearly 2 of every 3 minutes spent online.
10) 13% of adults access the internet via mobile only. 11% access the internet via desktop only.
11) 40% of smartphone and tablet owners search for B2B products on those devices.
Usability and User Experience Design Stats
12) 47% of website visitors check out a company’s products/services page before looking at any other sections of the site.
13) Once on a company’s homepage, 86% of visitors want to see information about that company’s products/services.
14) Once on a company’s homepage, 64% of visitors want to see the company’s contact information.
15) Once on a company’s homepage, 52% of visitors want to see “about us” information.
16) After reaching a company’s website via a referral site, 50% of visitors will use the navigation menu to orient themselves.
17) After reaching a company’s website via a referral site, 36% of visitors will click on the company’s logo to reach the homepage.
Full article here